How to install presets in Adobe Lightroom Classic (Mac)
Lightroom Classic (Mac OS X)
This procedure is for users who wish to install presets to Adobe Lightroom on a Mac (OS X).
Please note that the presets downloaded from TheLightroomPresets.com are compatible with Lightroom CC, and Classic as well as the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw (ACR 10.3+).
It is also possible to synchronize the presets with Lightroom iOS and Android mobile apps, but they need to be installed on a computer first.
After you have purchased a presets package and downloaded it, you will have a ZIP archive with presets on your computer.
Installing the presets in the latest version of Lightroom Classic. Here’s how to proceed:
- Download the ZIP file from TheLightroomPresets.com. Please ensure that the file is not unzipped – some browsers unzip files automatically. You should import a zipped file into Lightroom, not into a folder.
- Open Lightroom Classic, and go to the Develop module.
- In the left panel, look for the Presets panel, and click the small “+” icon next to it.
- Select Import from the dropdown menu.
- This will open a window for you to find the ZIP file.
- Find the ZIP file and select it – Lightroom Classic will import the presets.
- Once the import is complete, you should be able to see all the preset folders in your Presets panel.
Note: if the + sign next to the Presets panel does not allow you to import presets, please ensure that you have at least one image imported into your Library module. Once you do, Lightroom will allow you to import presets using the “+ sign” method.